Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Coming up for next month...

Just a little heads up for what is on the menu in the months to come...

December: Sweet Treats. In this month I am going to experiment with the idea of balance.  The food that we serve as part of our holiday tradition involves lots of fattening, buttery dishes loaded with calories. Each of these things I look forward to eating all year long, every year, so I am going to direct the attention off of food all together and focus on the inward self in spirit of the food.  Food is a way to bring nutrients to the body it is also a way to celebrate life and recall memories of past experiences. This chapter of the experiment will focus on the body and learning how to listen to what the body needs in conjunction with the mind.

January: Detox. I am a huge fan of the detox. I do them every year and figure that January is the perfect month to do them because we are entering fresh into another year of living with a healthy, balanced body and mind.  This month I will prepare the body for the actual detox, which will last for seven days and then focus on rebooting the system post detox.

February: Naturally Sweet. I love my refined sugar!  I am the first in line for an ice-cream cone, a Dairy Queen Blizzard, a chocolate chip cookie, or a tasty strawberry margarita.  I will use this month to take a break from refined sugar and eat only sugar from natural foods such as oranges and apples.  There is a lot of debate about the physical side effects that we experience from sugar with drawl. Is this a real thing?  Is sugar addicting? Lets find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment