Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Just a little poke

So today I decided to face yet another fear: needles. I have a good friend that does acupuncture and I decided to let him be the "catalyst," as his website puts it, to help me face my fear.  Lets just say the needles won. I couldn't ease into my happy place long enough to reap the benefits of the process so my friend had to use alternative "stickers" on me. I did enjoy the experience of fire cupping on my back, where he used heat to suction globe like glass balls on my back.  This sucks out the toxins, such as the cold I came in to see him for.

What does this have to do with our experiment?

 Fear.

We are all afraid of something.  Some of my fears are heights, needles, disease, venomous snake bites, and mountain lions jumping out on me while hiking on a deep wooded trail.  The fact is whether small and minute or huge and overbearing we all have them.

The thoughts for tonight:

1. What are/is my fear(s)?
2. What are/is my coping mechanism(s)?
3. Am I afraid of change, or find it stressful?
4. Do I feel hungry or have the urge to eat when I feel fear/stress?

These are some questions that you may find interesting to free write about in your journal.  Try this: Without thinking too much about what you are writing, answer these questions.  After you answer them all free write for two minutes (or longer if you like, but time yourself) once two minutes are up go back and read what you wrote, did you discover anything interesting about yourself?

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment