Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2

WOW!  This is going to be a challenge.  I am always gun-ho to try new things until I get to that familiar place where a change must occur.  Breakfast was good as always, and I didn't notice any fluctuations during lunch. My afternoon snack of a mini snickers (trick-or-treat) and a stick of string cheese went over well, but it was at dinner that I squeaked!

That was supposed to be somewhat poetic.  Because...well I did make it.  For dinner I was running late and didn't feel like cooking dinner so I went to the grocery store and bought a rotisserie chicken, a bag of frozen vegetables, a box of chicken broth and a tube of biscuits.  Little did I know each night in the past, that I had piled gravy over mounds of biscuit halves, that a serving of biscuits is only ONE....ONE?  Wait, one?? That can't be!  Yes the tape worm (that is what I have named my endless hunger) in my belly tightened sharp and slowly, sadly slid away.  So instead I ate a small salad with diced tomatoes, my ONE biscuit with a cup of gravy (as the serving size allows), and for dessert...ONE cookie :)
...and I was satisfied.

Tonight if you made it, pat yourself on the back. Now 27 days more to go. We can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment