Thursday, October 7, 2010

Everyone can find 30 minutes.

Last night around 9:30 I crashed next to my boyfriend on the couch after a long day of college classes and watching neighborhood sporting events.  As I waited for the pulse beating along my rushing blood to ease I noticed the time and thought to myself I didn't get my 30 minute workout in today! How am I going to let myself go into a total state of body/brain numbness in front of the television if I have not yet treated my body to a bout of daily exercise?

Bottom line is that everyone has 30 minutes!  I grabbed my yoga ball, a resistance band, a set of 8 lb. dumb bells, and ankle weights and did a 30 minute circuit of arms, abs, and legs in front of the TV.  The fun part about collecting gym gear (as mentioned above) is that your gym can be anywhere.  If you normally walk (which is what Luke and I like to do) then another way to prepare for those rainy, busy, or just plain lazy days is to purchase a few items to have at home in case of a last minute emergency.  The fun part of having these things is that you can always switch your routine, add a few bonus reps to a walk/run outside, and you can do strength training, stretch, or even aerobics with them. Here is a list of a few basics that you might want to consider collecting:

  • yoga ball 
  • resistance bands
  • a set of 2-8 lb. dumb bells
  • one 10-20 lb. dumb bell
  • jump rope
  • yoga blocks (these are great for stretching)
  • ankle weights

These items range in length, weight, and size so read the labels and find what works best for you.  Remember consider these purchases an essential gift and investment for a healthier, happier you, you deserve them!

No comments:

Post a Comment