Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Walking in the Dark

After using up the entire day for school, personal projects, cooking, eating, and cleaning the idea of exercising can feel like a tiresome chore.  That is why I love having my dog.  My boyfriend and I feel a sort of obligation to take him for daily walks, which if all considered, is getting us out on our daily walks as well.  There is something to be said about finding a walking (or running, roller blading, cross country skiing...) partner that counter reflects your own enthusiasm to get out and about.  My boyfriend and I have become so persistent on the idea of the daily walk that we have started walking in the dark when we've used up all our day light hours.  There is something peaceful about walking at night.  First of all I have less chance of running into other people walking dogs, hence less leash yanking, and it is cooler so I can get in a brisk walk without perspiring.  Our walks have become unifying as well, we are forced to be encompassed within each other's personal space which evokes a deeper level of conversation.  If you can find an individual or even a few that you share a similar schedule with, consider starting a walking club.  A good place to start might be during your lunch hour at work..

...or consider getting a dog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment