Monday, October 18, 2010

Why I need to win the lottery...

I need to win the lottery.  I just decided (I have actually always thought) that life would be so much easier if I was rich.  If  I was rich I could have a private chef, my own personal trainer that showed no mercy,a home gym equipped with a lap pool, and an on call plastic surgeon that could do botox injections, cellulite removal and an occasional lift to my ham hock at my disposal.

....but then we see these people with gargantuan amounts of money coming out of their ears, who still, are struggling with their weight.  Oprah Winfrey and Kirstie Alley are good examples of  women in the spot light of prime TV that openly struggle (have struggled) with their weight.

I will never forget the episode in 1988 when Oprah drug a wheelbarrow full of 60 lbs of animal fat onto her show to demonstrate how much weight she had been carrying around.  Now Kiristie Alley, the once thin-princess of Cheers and Look Who's Talking super mommy, is bearing it all on prime time television as she demonstrates to America that working out just isn't that much fun.

Moral of the story here is that we, with or without money, expensive equipment, personal trainers, and a top certified in-house nutritionist are responsible for our own will power.  We have the choice every day to choose a cookie over a granola bar, a scoop of ice-cream over a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt, a scoop over a tub, and ultimately we are responsible for how much and how frequently we consume food, and we most importantly are responsible to keep our motors running efficiently with daily exercise.

Remember you can eat what you like in moderation if you choose to cruise. Stay Motived. Stay healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment