Monday, October 4, 2010

Staying Motivated

Today I made the executive decision to buy a cereal I haven't bought for a couple of years because it has partially hydrogenated oils.  Over all I am satisfied with how I look but I can tell after entering into thirty-hood that my metabolism is slowing down (I used to be a ping pong ball).  I convinced myself that I could eat the cereal because I enjoy it...sometimes you just have to give.  This cereal is an important tool for the ultimate goal in my experiment, can I eat what I enjoy and still maintain a healthy body weight and/or lose weight by just eating smaller portion sizes?

Remember only you can be the judge of how you feel about your body, if you are happy with your weight and you are physically healthy then you should be able to eat what you enjoy without feeling guilty with every little bite.  We live in a society that is continuously beating body image down our sugar free, low fat granola throats, it is time for a slice of cake!

Tonight, hug yourself first before judging yourself in the mirror...you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment